, " /> New start ups to be higher or lower this year? - Page 4 - Lawn Care Forums & Landscaping Forums - LawnTimes Business Forum

LawnTimes.Com

LawnCareDirectory.com Advertise on LawnTimes Rust and corrosion prevention
Hasty Lawn and Leaf Vacuum LeadsByFone Massachusetts Association of Landscape Professionals

CADCO

Go Back   Lawn Care Forums & Landscaping Forums - LawnTimes Business Forum > - COMMERICIAL & RESIDENTIAL LAWN CARE - How to maintain lawns for that perfect look > Starting a Landscaping and Lawncare Business.

Starting a Landscaping and Lawncare Business. If you are new to the business of lawns and landscape and would like advice from the pros, post your startup questions here.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Exalted member

Haven't seen any good used equipment in my area either. Weird. Most of your startups are using cheapo equipment and not something someone would want to buy. I counted 7 new startups in todays paper, which for the small town I live in, is a lot. Two were advertising all lawns for $20. One of my customers gave me a flyer from one of them that offered to beat anybodys prices if you could show an invoice, so I wrote her an invoice for $15 and marked it paid and gave it to her. Told her to give it a shot and she could always call me back if needed. My rate on her lawn is $45.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Original Member

They won't be around long.

Funny, this afternoon I saw a van sitting in a parking lot, with a small trailer and a riding mower sitting on it.
Someones weekend lawn rig. The mower had a BIG for sale sign on it.

Must have gotten called back to work.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Imperial member

New starters are just that. Newbies trying to start a bis, or earn some cash away from their full time jobs. This is where the line gets blurred for me.

The way I see it is my blades have to be turning for me to be earning. I bought equipment as I needed it, paying for it through earnings on the job. Guys that can go out and buy what they need through their full time job, and not worry with payments through blade revolutions, have the luxury to bid jobs cheaper.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Original Member

Another larger LCO has decided not to do mowing this year, fert and squirt only.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Original Member

I haven't seen near as many wannabes so far this season. It has started too early for the teachers to be cutting so they've been somewhat removed from the mix.
the rest simply can't make it happen this year, but I'm sure they will still be out with their jeeps and their home depot trailers with the murray riders.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 AM
The Wright Way To Mow

I think this is the least amount of trunk slammers I've seen around in about 4 years. Maybe the unemployment checks are running out...

Last edited by Mowforcash : 04-10-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvm View Post
I haven't seen near as many wannabes so far this season. It has started too early for the teachers to be cutting so they've been somewhat removed from the mix.
the rest simply can't make it happen this year, but I'm sure they will still be out with their jeeps and their home depot trailers with the murray riders.
well dave, maybe the real green industry people have a fighting chance then this year.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:16 PM