, " /> I Gotta Get at Least 40 - Page 2 - Lawn Care Forums & Landscaping Forums - LawnTimes Business Forum

LawnTimes.Com

LawnCareDirectory.com Advertise on LawnTimes Rust and corrosion prevention
Hasty Lawn and Leaf Vacuum LeadsByFone Massachusetts Association of Landscape Professionals

CADCO

Go Back   Lawn Care Forums & Landscaping Forums - LawnTimes Business Forum > - THE BUSINESS END - Discuss the aspects of running your business > Human Resource Development

Human Resource Development Here is a place to discuss all of those human resource issues that everyone has to deal with.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:14 AM
A King at LawnTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodfather View Post
I know what you are saying here.

But, I try to keep my maint guys doing maint and just maint.

Landscape guys do landscape and just that too unless.

Now, why do I do that?

If assures quality control and helps to make sure that everyone knows what their responsibilities are. It minimizes mistakes and oversees. It minimizes having to come back and correct problems. It makes the customer happy to see the same people on their property each time doing the same high quality job week after week. It displaces consistency and that is what helps you retain clients.

It is so much easier to keep clients and get them to spend more money on things than have to spend your money to go out and land new ones to spend the same amount of dollars.
Because we are a service business working in a large fishbowl.

Quote:
I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it.

Clint Eastwood
Pink Cadillac
Old 03-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Lawn Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie lawncare View Post
I know Rod knows WAY more than I do about business. That being said, why not catch up on weekends with the normal crews? ...
I'm gonna take a wild guess here, and say the Rod, as owner, is also the boss. The new guy is NOT the boss.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Majestic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkwest View Post
Rod, I had a young 19 yo obamao supporter fresh out of the gov't indoctrination center tell me he needed:
Guaranteed 40 hours/week,
at least $25/hour,
3 weeks paid sick
5 weeks paid vacation
eye, dental, health
a retirement plan
AND a profit sharing plan.

I left him with my crew leader and said we would discuss what he was worth to the company at lunch time.

He never made it to lunch.

At 19 I didn't even know what that stuff was, but I sure knew how to work.
And how exactly do you know he is a Obama supporter ? you guys make W haters look tame. Also I think you are F.O.S. eye ? dental ? retirement ? No interview in the history of job interviews for unskilled labor has ever gone like the above.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Majestic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Mark View Post
park, I think he would have needed my boot removed from his ass if he said that to me. lol

It is amazing what kids come up with nowadays.
Boy for a man of some god you are pretty violent. this post reminds me of when you and your boys wanted to throw a blanket party for me. Remember
Mark, when you all were posting about where I lived ? And then i told you all and then you all S.F.U. ? I'll remind you, it's ST. John Indiana and I'm still waiting for the blanket party.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Imperial member

I wasn't belittling the fact that rod was the boss. Absolutly what he says goes. I was just wondering why not catch up with the crew that lost the hours in a rain situation. Also, I'm looking at this business from my inexperienced perspective. I have a part time teenager for help to mow 11 residential, two duplexes, and one set of apartments. I don't have a bunch of employees on different crews doing different jobs. I'm learning here. Best way to do that is ask questions.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Gentlemen, get back to the original thread or I close it.

OMG, tone down your remarks.

I won't say it again.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Majestic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodfather View Post
Gentlemen, get back to the original thread or I close it.

OMG, tone down your remarks.

I won't say it again.
Sorry Rod just wanted mark to know i saw his invite.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Imperial member

Blanket Party! Whatever "blanket" means, I don't know. The "party" part caught my attention.

Great idea! All the eastern(my area) guys/gals, two charcoal grills, burgers, beer(a little);), every guys main mower in tow for inspection and demos, one big field/city park, preferably with different heights, thickness and types of grass and weeds. Perhaps a thick, paper wrapped, umm..."tabaco" type product passed around inconspicuously amongst friends...

My wife says I dream too much...;)

Last edited by Bagit : 04-07-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:22 PM